Periodontal disease can take a toll on your oral health. It also may leave you in need of gum recession treatment in Delray Beach, FL. We use this treatment to:
- Prevent more recession and bone loss
- Cover the roots of teeth
- Relieve pain, particularly when you are eating
- Restore your confidence in your smile
For the sake of your oral health, call 561-637-4443 to schedule your treatment at Designer Family Dental.
Let Our Laser Restore Your Healthy Gums
If you have receding gums, the roots of your teeth are exposed. This can increase your risk for cavities on your roots, which can lead to tooth infections. That could mean root canal treatment or tooth replacements may become necessary.
When gums have receded, they are separated from your teeth. To treat this condition, we want to restore your periodontal tissue to its original position. We do this with the LANAP® procedure. Through laser-assisted regeneration, we can:
- Correct your problem with little if any pain
- Avoid cutting your gums to remove infected tissue
- Seal the healthy tissue at the same time, so no stitches are needed in most cases
- Help speed up your recovery compared to periodontal surgery
After the infected tissue is removed, we’ll clean the roots to remove plaque and tartar. This also helps your gums reattach to your teeth, which is good for your long-term oral health. If you have any concerns about this treatment, we offer local anesthesia and sedation options to ensure you are relaxed and pain-free during your procedure.
Visit Us To Prevent Periodontal Problems
As part of our general dentistry, we keep an eye open for any signs of gum disease during your dental exams. Periodontal infections are a common cause of receding gums, but there are other factors that can cause this problem:
- Some people are more likely to develop this condition due to genetics.
- Hormone changes (such as puberty and pregnancy) can make your gums more susceptible to problems.
- Aggressive tooth brushing can damage your gums.
- Poor oral hygiene can allow harmful bacteria to thrive in your mouth.
Whether you want to maintain your oral health or you need gum recession treatment in Delray Beach, FL, you have a good reason to visit Designer Family Dental. Call 561-637-4443 today to schedule an appointment with us.